Saturday 8 February 2014

Thanks Rihanna



I’ve decided that her line “shine bright like a diamond” is going to be my mantra for 2014.  Plus the cardboard insert inside my hot pink Kikki k diary has already told me that “2014 is my year” so I’m determined to make it come true. 

The cynic in my knows that Kikki K can’t predict the future (and that some marketing kid at their head office probably churned out millions of those inserts last year!) but I WANT 2014 to be my year.  I NEED 2014 to be my year.

This is because 2013 was well, pretty average. It was the year my worst fear came true.  I was single when I turned 30. 

Well, technically I was with someone on the day but it was over 4 days later.  It was a summer fling that started at the races.  The positive was that I didn’t wake up alone on my birthday. The negative: he ended things, not me.  This rejection has (temporarily) crushed my confidence and made me feel like everything about me is wrong.  This is probably also because he did a good job of listing the things he didn’t like about me…!

So…back to diamonds and positivity.  The best thing about your worst fears coming true is that they liberate you from those fears.  The worst has happened. It can’t get worse from here.  I can’t let this new freedom from fear go to waste.

I'm going to use this blog to share all the things that make me happy, things which make me 'shine bright' inside. Fashion, film, flowers and fun. So here goes….this blog is going to document what is hopefully a great 2014.  Rihanna + Kikki k = do your thing! 


No comments:

Post a Comment